I'm here to start my blog because it's way overdue. It's true that I'm not much of a writer but I'm showing up anyway because I'm a mf boss. (Which you will learn soon after reading my blog). 👍🏼
It'll be a mix of written and video. Yes, I'm also gonna start a YouTube channel. Yes, it might be super lame at first with no subscribers (except my mom prolly - thanks Ma) but starting is what's most important. Gimme a little time to get warmed up and I promise you good things.
Why did I start a blog?
- To share my professional and personal perspectives. My big wins and failures so that you and others can laugh and applaud and hopefully learn some lessons.
- So I can nerd out with you and share some studio photography and retouching techniques.
- To share some behind the scenes stuff and explain how I made certain images.
- To keep my site fresh and get more traffic here. I also hear Google likes an active blog and since I'm supposed to be running a business and not just having fun on the internet and taking pictures all the time...
- To challenge myself and prove that I can make things happen.
Also, in an effort not to take this whole blog thing too seriously I've created a few reminders for myself.
- Hey Brian, don't be too precious. It's just a blog. It's actually not that serious.
- Oh, also, remember to keep it real. You know, just like in real life. It's ok to be blunt sometimes and you don't have to sugar coat things.
- Create value and entertain.
- Keep it simple!
- As long as you make your point and there is something of value for the reader I think it's completely fine if a blog post is only a few words or sentences.
- Don't forget. You are doing this for yourself just as much as you are doing it for the readers.
- Share memes. I have a an open love and partial addiction to memes. Don't judge me! heh...
Give me a little time to get warmed up and then in a few weeks I encourage you to jump in and let me know what you love, hate, want more of.
If you have any questions, comments, concerns or ideas; you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is hashtagging a blog post a thing? Should I just write a few more sentences here about how I am an oakland california portrait and headshot photographer. Maybe google will like that. I'm not sure but It wont hurt anyone. I will definitely report back once I do more research on good practices for blogging. later!